Position 1: Counselor for AASHA’s Legal Aid Center for Sexual Harassment cases
A full time position available at our Legal Aid Center in Lahore, for a Counselor to work with victims of sexual harassment.
Responsibilities of this position include:
• Provide counseling to victims of sexual harassment
• Share knowledge of the law of sexual harassment with clients
• Follow up of cases registered in the court and with clients
• Document all clients who visit the Legal Aid Center
• Identify cases of sexual harassment in the media and follow up with them
• Conduct trainings for community partners and stakeholders
• Organize seminars and other events for the Center.
• Prepare monthly reports of the center’s activities.
• Any other work assigned
Hours: M-F 9:00 am–5:00 pm. Some evenings or weekends might be required.
Qualifications: Preferably a Masters degree in Psychology or Gender Studies or any other social sciences.
• Experience of working with women’s organizations is a plus, but not required.
• Familiarity with cases of violence against women.
• Good communication and writing skills.
• Some office management experience required.
• Computer literate.
And a commitment to help women work with dignity.
Salary: Rs.25,000 with Rs.1,000 Travel Allowance, Rs.1,000 Communication Allowance
How to apply: please send a cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or send by post at:
MeherGarh: A Center for Learning
33, Street 16, F-7/2, Islamabad